Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Mormons and evangelical Christians have very different meanings in mind when they use the term "Christian."
- Mormon Meanings
- Evangelical Definitions
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why do you think Mormons get offended when others suggest that they are not real Christians?
- What definitions do Mormons use to define themselves as Christians? How valid are those definitions?
- By what standard are churches, schools, or other institutions deemed to be Christian or not? Can you think of a better standard?
- Why is a purely doctrinal definition not adequate to define individuals as Christians or not?
- Since we can’t see anyone else’s heart, is it even meaningful to talk about who is a Christian and who is not? Why or why not?
- Summarize your conclusions from this conversation.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the About Mormonism series.