For Christians, water baptism is an important symbol. It's a lot like what a wedding ring is to a married couple.
- A Symbol of a Defining Moment.
- A Symbol of Commitment.
- A Symbol of a Bigger Reality.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- If you are planning to get baptized, what is your motivation?
- If you have been baptized, what was the experience like for you?
- Baptism is a simple matter of obedience. Make a list of some of the other things Christ calls us to do as Christians. Which ones are especially difficult for you? Where does baptism rank, and why?
- Read Romans 6:3-4. How are we identifying with Christ when we get baptized?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Church Life After Mormonism series.