Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
No one is born a child of God. We become his children by adoption, which opens us a wonderful relationship of closeness to God as our loving father.
- The LDS Church Teaches That People are Literal Offspring of God
- The Bible Teaches That We Become a Child of God by Adoption
- As God’s Children We Can Experience Intimacy with Him
- As Children of God, We Obey Him on a Different Basis
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, how did you understand what it means to be a child of God?
- Read John 1:12-13. How does this describe being a child of God differently from Mormonism?
- Do you think adoption is a good analogy to describe a relationship with God? Explain.
- How does the idea of adoption change how you think about God? How you experience God?
- How is the obedience of a child different from the obedience of an employee?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Clarifying Salvation After Mormonism series.