Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
During faith transition, set boundaries with family members so that family doesn't get between you and your relationship with God.
- How to set a boundary.
- In Christ, family takes on a different focus.
- We can’t control our families.
See Also: Family
Talk About It
- How has your family responded to your decision to leave the LDS Church?
- What boundaries have you been able to set? What boundaries have you had trouble setting?
- Looking back, in what ways have you realized that family an idol when you were LDS?
- What are some ways your family threatens to come between you and your relationship with God?
- Read Matthew 19:28-30. How do you think this promise of Jesus applies in your family situation?
- Have you experienced the family of God as a fulfillment of Jesus’ promise in Matthew 19:29? Explain.
This is part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.