Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
It’s not always helpful to share your faith journey zealously with LDS friends and family. How can we channel our enthusiasm in a better direction?
- It’s Exciting to Discover the Truth
- Latter-day Saints Don’t Usually Respond Positively to Our Excitement
- Cautions Against Sharing Too Zealously
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- As you were leaving Mormonism, what new discoveries were you most excited or zealous about?
- Did you try to share your new experience with LDS family or friends? What happened?
- Were you surprised about the reaction you got? Explain.
- Why do you think active Mormons often respond to the personal journey of people leaving Mormonism?
- “It’s better in the long run for everyone if you don’t burn any bridges.” Do you agree or disagree, and why?
- Describe some ways you have learned how to channel your zeal into more constructive ways.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Relationships After Mormonism series.