Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
As you think about choosing a church, examine that church’s beliefs. Are they faithful to the essentials of biblical Christianity?
- A Church’s Authority Comes from Adherence to Essential Truths
- How Do We Know What Is Essential to Believe
- Why Are There So Many Different Denominations
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Read Matthew 16:13-16. Why do you think Jesus asked his followers to reflect on his identity?
- Why are beliefs an important factor in choosing a church?
- How important do you think a church’s beliefs are compared to their style of worship, the ministries they offer, their size, friendliness, or other factors?
- Give an example of what you would consider a “Discuss” belief, a “Defend” belief, and a “Die For” belief. Explain your choices.
- Do you think there can be more than one “true” church? Why or why not?
- Do you agree that a diversity of denominations is a good thing? Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Choosing a Church series.