Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
As you think about choosing a church, examine that church’s activities. Are they engaged in the mission Jesus gave his church?
- The Mission of the Church is to Make Disciples
- Do a Church’s Activities Support the Primary Mission
- What a Church on Mission Looks Like
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Why do you think it is important to choose a church that is faithful to Jesus’ mission?
- How would you state the mission Jesus gave his church – in your own words?
- The word “disciple” means “follower”. How does baptism contribute to making followers of Jesus?
- Read Matthew 28:19. What kind of teaching did Jesus have in mind? How does this kind of teaching contribute to making followers of Jesus?
- Name some of the common activities churches do. How does each one contribute to making disciples?
- What questions should you ask when you visit a church to find out what their mission is?
- What questions should you ask to find out how they practice: “The apostles’ teaching?” “Fellowship?” “The Lord’s Supper?” “Prayer?”
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Choosing a Church series.