Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
One issue many transitioning Mormons face is a sense of loss - and the grief that goes with it.
- Common Losses
- Loss of Identity
- Loss of Relationships
- Loss of Equilibrium
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Think about a time you went through a major change in life. What losses did you feel at that time? How did it affect you emotionally?
- What factors give you a sense of who you are – your identity? Explain.
- How has your sense of identity changed over time? What factors contributed to those changes?
- Explain the spectrum of relationship losses former Mormons may face, from mild to harsh.
- What life rhythms, traditions, and relationships give your life stability? How has that changed from the past?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Mentoring Former Mormons Training series.