Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Mormons are taught to trust only the LDS church. When its claims prove false, people leaving Mormonism find it especially hard to trust anyone else.
- The LDS Church Has Broken Many People’s Trust.
- Former Mormons May Hesitate to Trust a Church.
- Former Mormons Will Not Necessarily Trust a Pastor.
- Former Mormons May Have Trouble Trusting the Bible.
- Former Mormons May Not Trust Themselves.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Think of a time you discovered that someone you trusted had lied to you. How did you respond?
- What are some reasons why former LDS hesitate to trust a new church after leaving Mormonism?
- Identify some unhealthy ways that Christian churches might undermine trust similar to the LDS church?
- Why do former Mormons often view pastors with distrust?
- Why do ex-Mormons often view the Bible with distrust?
- Why do former Mormons often have a hard time trusting themselves with important decisions about faith and truth?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.