Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
We all need relationships to succeed at the Christian life, but community can look very different in a Christian church compared to Mormonism.
- How Community Works in the LDS Church
- Obstacles to Community for Former Mormons
- How to Start Making Connections at Church
- Why Finding Community Really Matters
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, what do you appreciate about how Mormons do community?
- What have you observed – good and bad – about how people connect in the church you now attend?
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25. What happens when we fail to connect in relationships with other Christians?
- How do you feel about being the one who takes the initiative to build relationships? Explain.
- Read Colossians 3:12-16. How does this describe the benefits of living in community with others?
- What has been the biggest obstacle for you in making new friends at church?
- Have you tried attending a small group Bible study? What happened?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Relationships After Mormonism series.