Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Jesus is important to both Latter-day Saints and traditional Christians. Both largely agree on Jesus' earthly life, but diverge significantly about Jesus' pre-earth identity.
- Why We Believe God Is a Spirit
- An Embodied Being Is Limited
- What About Bible References to God’s Bodily Features?
- As a Spirit, God Is Omnipresent
- As a Spirit, God Is Worthy of Worship
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Read John 4:21-24. What does it mean to say that “God is Spirit”? How is that different from saying that God has a spirit?
- What are some ways that God would be limited if he had a body?
- Read Psalm 91:1-4. What does this verse say about God’s physical attributes? Do you think it is literal or metaphorical? Explain.
- Read Jeremiah 23:23-24. How can a physical being be “close at hand” and “far away” at the same time?
- What difference does it make to our lives if God has a body or if God is spirit?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Understanding God After Mormonism series.
This is part of the About Mormonism series.