Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Far from being an exalted man, God is completely unique as the eternal Creator of all things who has always been everything he is now.
- The LDS View of God
- The Biblical View of God
- God Is Absolutely Unique
- Implications of God’s Eternal Deity
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, how did you think about God?
- Read Isaiah 44:6-8. What does God say about himself?
- Read Isaiah 57:15. How does this describe the contrast between God and human beings?
- Do you believe that the God described by Mormonism is worthy of worship? Why or why not?
- Which vision of the future makes more sense to you: living in God’s presence for eternity, or receiving the worship of countless others? Explain.
- If you were LDS, how hard has it been for you to let go of the idea of God as an exalted man?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Understanding God After Mormonism series.
This is part of the About Mormonism series.