Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
How the books of the New Testament were put together and made it around the world.
- Original Manuscripts
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Think back to your school days, what is the longest document you have written by hand?
- Consider the incredible amount of time and effort it would take to copy one of these ancient manuscripts. What does that tell you about the value the early church placed on these writings? How does your life demonstrate a similar value of the Bible?
- What do you think is significant about the early manuscripts dating back to a time when eye witnesses of Jesus were still alive?
- How does the fact that there are so many fragments of scripture validate their accuracy?
- What comfort do you find in the statement, “ God preserved his word in such a way that the message that we have today is the same message he inspired so long ago”.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.