Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A mentoring relationship can feel mechanical at first, but you can move past the awkwardness to form a real life-changing relationship
- Any new skill can feel mechanical at first.
- Stick with the tools.
- How to move to mastery.
- Remember: It’s a journey with a person.
- Pray for real life change.
See Also: Mentoring Basics
Talk About It
- What’s your initial reaction to this topic?
- Talk about a new skill you once learned that felt mechanical at first? How did you gain mastery?
- Why should even experienced mentors use basic mentoring tools?
- How might you use the tools differently as you gain more experience?
- How do simple tools help to make mentoring reproducible? Why is this important?
- Read Proverbs 18:2. How does this apply in a mentoring relationship? Why are mentors so often prone to dominate a mentoring conversation?
- How is a mentoring relationship more than just imparting the right truths?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.