Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Because of God’s grace, we can be honest about our sin and receive help and encouragement to overcome it.
- How We Dealt with Sin in Mormonism
- The Stigma of Sin
- How Evangelical Christians Look at Sin Differently
- How Evangelical Christians Handle Sin Differently
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, did you ever go to your bishop to confess a sin? What happened?
- Read 1 John 1:8-9. What does God promise? How does this promise make it easier to be honest about our failures?
- What are some reasons you would hesitate to tell others about your sin struggles?
- Read James 5:16. What are some good reasons to confess our sins to each other?
- Read Proverbs 28:13. Who do you trust enough to talk to when you’re wrestling with sin?
- Read Romans 15:7. How does Jesus accept (receive) us? How should we, then, accept others who sin?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Spiritual Growth After Mormonism series.