Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Once you find a church you want to attend, there are some obstacles you might have to overcome to fit in. But here’s how.
- Set Appropriate Expectations
- Realize That You Have Something to Offer
- Grasp the Church’s Glorious Identity and Future
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are the most difficult issues you have run into in trying to fit into a church?
- How do you respond to the statement: “You will join the wrong church.”?
- Explain what it means to say that “God works extraordinarily through ordinary means.” How does this apply to fitting into a church?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you approach church with a consumer mentality? Explain.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement, and why? “The area where you are most frustrated with the church might be the area where God is calling you to serve.”
- How does it help you fit into a church to see the church from a heavenly perspective?
- Read Ephesians 2;20-22. What does this suggest about our relationships with other people in a church?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Choosing a Church series.