Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
You can move beyond "hoping for the best" into confident assurance of your relationship with God because of his goodness, not your own.
- No Hope
- False Hope
- Real Hope
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, what level of confidence did you have about your standing with God? Explain.
- Did you ever have a time when you lost hope? What happened?
- Why are self, church, and other people inadequate objects of our hope?
- Read Philippians 3:3-9. Describe how Paul moved from a false hope to a real hope.
- Why is God an adequate object of our hope?
- Read 1 John 5:11-13. Why do Christians have reason to be confident about their standing with God?
- Do you believe that “hoping” can become “knowing”? Why or why not?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.