Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Often people transitioning from Mormonism need to learn to be less judgmental and more gracious toward other people’s failings.
- Reactions We Hope to Avoid
- How to Overcome a Judgmental Attitude
- The Motive for Being More Compassionate
- When to Talk About Someone’s Sin
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, what kinds of responses did you see when people fell into sin?
- Read Ephesians 4:32. Why should we respond to others’ failings with kindness and compassion instead of judgment?
- Read Romans 15:7. How does Jesus accept (receive) us? How should we, then, accept others who sin?
- When you’re feeling judgmental, what are some ways to change your attitude?
- Read Galatians 6:1-2. What are some ways our response can be helpful for people who have fallen into sin?
- When might it be appropriate to talk to people about the sins of others?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Relationships After Mormonism series.