Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Assume that in most cases, your extended family members care about you and want the best, even though they may feel unsupportive or may not understand your transition.
- Your Extended Family Might Not Seem Welcoming.
- Your Extended Family Might Try to Win You Back to the Faith.
- You Might Feel a Lack of Support.
- Stay Strong in Your New Faith and Find Supportive People.
See Also: Family
Talk About It
- If you have left the LDS Church, how did your extended family treat you?
- If you have not yet left, what fears do you have about how your extended family members will respond?
- What are some genuine motives that might drive your family members’ response?
- What are some reasons why extended family members might not invite you to participate in family activities?
- What positive steps can you take to help yourself deal with people’s responses?