Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
When LDS friends have spiritual experiences, does this validate their claims? Every experience has to stack up against God’s word, the Bible.
- Every Religion Has Examples of Spiritual Experiences
- Not Every Spiritual Experience Comes from God
- Sometimes God Is Just Good to People
- The Ultimate Test of Spiritual Experiences Is the Bible
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Did you have any spiritual experiences when you were LDS? How did you interpret them at that time? How do you interpret them now?
- Since members of all faiths experience some kind of spiritual experiences, does this mean that all faiths are true? Explain.
- Read 2 Corinthians 11:13-14. What does Satan have the power to do? What might this look like? Why would Satan want to create counterfeit miracles?
- What other explanations can you think of for why non-Christians experience answered prayers?
- Read Matthew 7:22-23. Why would Jesus reject people who did miracles in his name? What does this say about the legitimacy of those miracles?
- What does it mean in practice to test a spiritual experience by the Bible? What would that look like?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.