Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
This lesson provides a brief summary of what Mormons believe and how they live, to help non-Mormons understand how our neighbors think and what matters to them.
- Mormon Beliefs
- Is Mormonism a Cult?
- Mormonism Is a Culture
- Traits of Mormon Culture
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- How much did you know about Mormon beliefs before you came to Utah? What did you learn that surprised you?
- What was the first thing you noticed that was different about Mormon culture compared to where you came from?
- How is the Mormon view of God different from the biblical Christian view? How is the Mormon view of salvation different?
- What image first comes to mind when you hear the word “cult?” How does that initial mental image relate to Mormonism?
- Do you agree or disagree that Mormonism is best understood as a culture instead of a cult, and why?
- What are some traits of Mormon culture that you admire? Why?
- What are some traits of Mormon culture that you find foreign or objectionable? Why?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the About Mormonism series.