Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Jesus is important to both Latter-day Saints and traditional Christians. Both groups agree on much about Jesus' earthly life, but diverge in a major way about Jesus' pre-earth identity.
- Is Jesus God’s Greatest Spirit Child?
- Jesus Is Fully God
- Older Brother or Divine Savior?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, what did you believe about Jesus’ role in the pre-existence?
- Read John 1:1-2, 14. What does this teach about Jesus’ divinity? How does this contrast to the LDS pre-existence story?
- Read Colossians 1:15-6. What did Jesus create? What was not created by him? What does this suggest about Jesus’ relationship with Satan and human beings?
- In what ways does thinking about Jesus as our older brother limit him?
- What is the appropriate response when you consider all that Jesus is?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Understanding God After Mormonism series.
This is part of the About Mormonism series.