Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Justification is not the result of a lifetime of good works, but an act of God by which a person is instantly made right with God by faith.
- The Idea of Justification in Mormonism
- Justification in the Bible
- How People Become Justified Before God
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- How did you understand “justification” when you were LDS?
- Did you ever feel hopeless trying to obey all the laws and ordinances of the Mormon gospel? Explain.
- Read Romans 3:21-26. Which is in view here: righteous status or righteous behavior? Explain.
- Read Romans 6:15-18. What is the relationship between righteous behavior and righteous status before God?
- Read Revelation 3:5. Is your name written in the Lamb’s book of life? What do you think that means? How do you know?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.