Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
It feels like LDS people who oppose are the enemy, but remember that they are only acting out of their deception.
- Make allowances for people.
- The natural fruit of performance-based religion.
See Also: Relationships
Talk About It
- In what ways have you been subjected to manipulation, anger, or judgmental words since leaving Mormonism?
- Read Ephesians 6:11-12. Who is our real battle against? How does that make a difference in our relationship with LDS people who oppose our new faith identity?
- Does it help you to know that the people who oppose are speaking out of deception and bondage? Why or why not?
- How does being in a performance-based religion help to foster self-deception?
- Do you agree or disagree that a person’s anger might reveal that they are being convicted? Explain.
This is part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.