Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Prayer doesn’t have to be formal or a ritual, as in common in Mormonism. Prayer is a spontaneous, intimate conversation with the God who loves you.
- Prayer for Latter-day Saints is Often Very Formal
- God Invites Prayer to Be an Intimate Conversation with Him
- It Can Be Hard to Learn to Pray in a New Way
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What was your experience of prayer as a Mormon?
- What have you learned about prayer since leaving Mormonism?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17. What does it mean to “never stop praying”?
- Read Hebrews 4:15-16. What does this teach us about how to pray?
- Read Luke 11:11-13. What does it mean for prayer that God is a father to us?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Spiritual Growth After Mormonism series.