Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Grace is not freedom to live a sinful life, but the favor of God extended unconditionally to the people who need it most.
- Grace Is Not a Major Topic in Mormonism
- Biblically, Grace Is the Attitude of God by Which He Gives His Gifts Freely
- Grace Answers
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were lDS, did your family and friends talk about grace much? What was the main message you heard about grace in Mormonism?
- What seems to be the main message you are hearing about grace in the churches you have attended since?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10. What is the role of grace in our salvation?
- Is there anything about grace that you find hard to grasp? Explain.
- Talk about how grace answers the human condition.
- Read Romans 6:1-2. What reason does the Bible give why grace is not permission to go on sinning.
- Read Romans 6:15-16. Why is sin incompatible with God’s grace?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Clarifying Salvation After Mormonism series.