Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
It's hard to lay down the story that framed our self-understanding as Latter-day Saints in favor of a better, truer one.
- In your new story, there is no pre-existence.
- In your old story, it’s all about you.
- It’s hard to lose your story.
See Also: Identity
Talk About It
- How would you summarize the overarching narrative that shaped your identity as a Latter-day Saint?
- How do you feel about losing the pre-existence? Explain.
- Would you say that your former narrative was ultimately about you? Why or why not?
- What did you find most difficult about giving up your former story?
- What are you still grappling with?
This is part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.