Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
You can help former Latter-day Saints with the unique emotional and doctrinal issues they must navigate to become full-circle followers of Jesus.
- Mentoring is a clearly-defined process.
- Former Mormons need help with emotional issues.
- Former Mormons needs help with conceptual issues.
- Former Mormons face certain obstacles.
- We mentor former Mormons with a clear goal in mind.
See Also: Mentoring
Talk About It
- Describe the reasons why you are interested in mentoring former Mormons.
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. Describe the mandate Jesus gave. To whom does this command apply?
- Why is it important to have a simple, reproducible process for mentoring?
- Explain the FLEX method.
- Describe the role of a mentor.
- What are some of the most common emotional issues that former Mormons need help dealing with?
- What are some common challenges former Mormons face in sorting out new truth claims?
- How would you describe the end goal of mentoring former Mormons?
- Do you think someone who was never a Mormon can effectively mentor ex-Mormons? Why or why not?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?