Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
You can help former Latter-day Saints with the unique emotional and doctrinal issues they must navigate to become full-circle followers of Jesus.
- Mentoring is a clearly defined process.
- Former Mormons need help with emotional issues.
- Former Mormons needs help with conceptual issues.
- Former Mormons face certain obstacles.
- We mentor former Mormons with a clear goal in mind.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Describe the reasons why you are interested in mentoring former Mormons.
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. Describe the mandate Jesus gave. To whom does this command apply?
- Why is it important to have a simple, reproducible process for mentoring?
- Explain the FLEX method.
- Describe the role of a mentor.
- What are some of the most common emotional issues that former Mormons need help dealing with?
- What are some common challenges former Mormons face in sorting out new truth claims?
- How would you describe the end goal of mentoring former Mormons?
- Do you think someone who was never a Mormon can effectively mentor ex-Mormons? Why or why not?
- How will you apply this lesson to your life this week?
This is part of the Mentoring Former Mormons Training series.
This is part of the Sharing Faith with Mormons series.