Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
"Missionary" is a common word for both Latter-day Saints and traditional Christians, but one missionary experience is very different from the other.
- The Differences Between Mormon and Christian Missionaries.
- LDS Missions are Structured, but Christian Missions Have Many Options.
- Mormon and Christian Missions Even Vary in Funding.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- If you served an LDS mission, what words would you use to describe the missionary life?
- What have you observed about missionaries at the church you have attended most recently?
- How would you describe your understanding of the difference between LDS and traditional Christian missionaries?
- What questions do you have about how missionary service works in traditional Christian churches?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of missionaries living in a controlled “boot camp” type environment?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of missionaries serving as a vocation versus a designated term?
- How do you respond to the idea that Christian missionaries are supported by the donations of financial partners?
- Read Philippians 4:15-19. What does this suggest about the relationship between Paul and the Christians in Philippi?