Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
This lesson explores how Mormons typically relate to non-Mormons, in order to understand the attitudes and experiences one can expect to face as a member of a religious minority in Utah.
- Not All Mormons Are the Same
- The LDS Church Wants to Convert You
- Mormons Are Very Sensitive About Their Public Image
- Being Non-Mormon in Utah Can Be a Challenge
- Our Response
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What kind of differences have you observed between various Latter-day Saints you have met? What kind of similarities have you seen?
- Tell us about some ways that your LDS neighbors have reached out to befriend you.
- Have you experienced any efforts of Mormons to share their beliefs with you? What happened? How did you respond?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how friendly (10) or unfriendly (1) do you think your neighbors would say you are, and why?
- How can our expectations and attitudes contribute to isolating us from our LDS neighbors?
- What are some positive ways that you can break through isolation in your neighborhood? What have you tried, and what was the result?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.