Do you struggle with knowing where to turn, what to believe, how to feel, and who to trust on your journey out of the Mormon faith?
Don’t go it alone! At Faith After Mormonism, we don’t believe the journey out of Mormonism should be taken alone. The resources on this site are best used in a relationship. A friend or mentor can help you work through your thoughts and feelings by asking good questions and providing a listening ear.
Our mentors can assist in the journey. Some are former Mormons, while others are never-Mormon Christians who just care. All of our mentors are experienced Christians who have been trained in mentoring skills.
You can request a mentor by filling out the application form below. If we have a qualified mentor available, we will connect you. After you submit the form, you will receive an e-mail from us outlining the next steps. (We do not offer any mentoring services to minors.)
Our mentoring is free. You set the agenda and continue the relationship only as long as you find it helpful. You will not be added to a mailing list or be solicited for donations.
Why request a mentor:
- To talk to someone safe who cares about you and your concerns.
- To find emotional support for your journey.
- To get truthful answers to doubts and questions.
What a mentor is:
- Same gender.
- Trained and qualified.
- Cares about you.
- Committed to help you grow spiritually.
- A guide to exploring relevant topics relating to faith after Mormonism.
What a mentor is not:
- Not perfect, but growing.
- Not a professional or licensed counselor.
- Not a pastor.
- Not available at any and all times.
Your mentor’s commitment to you:
- To befriend and encourage you.
- To create an accepting and non-judgmental environment.
- To be available to meet regularly (weekly if possible).
- To ask attentive questions to understand your specific situation.
- To create a thoughtful plan for each meeting.
- To pray for you.
- To be teachable and keep an open mind.
- To communicate openly with your mentor about your relationship.
- To faithfully show up at scheduled meetings.
- To fulfill brief action items given by your mentor for your growth.
- To respond to your mentor in a timely manner.
If you are interested in being trained to become a mentor,
use the Contact form in the menu above to let us know.