Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Obedience is important in the Christian life but the motivation and approach are very different from Mormonism.
- What Obedience Meant as a Latter-day Saint
- How the LDS View of Obedience Made Me Feel
- What Obedience Means to Me as a Christian
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, what was your view of obedience? Do you relate to this woman’s experience, or not? Explain.
- How is a person’s view of obedience related to his or her view of God?
- How has your view of obedience – and your view of God – changed since you were LDS?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-10. What is the relationship between God’s grace, our faith, and our subsequent actions?
- How would you respond to the person who says, “I’m saved by God’s grace, so it doesn’t really matter if I sin or not.”
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.