Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Exaltation or eternal progression - the attaining of godhood - lies at the heart of the LDS motivation for obeying the commandments. What does the Bible say?
- No one can gain salvation after this life.
- There are only two possible destinies after death.
See Also: Heaven
Talk About It
- Read Luke 16:19-31. What does this indicate about a possibility of travel between places of the dead for any reason?
- How does this contrast with the LDS teaching about conversion to Mormonism after this life? How would this support or refute the teaching of baptism for the dead?
- According to Hebrews 9:27 and 2 Corinthians 6:1-2, is it possible to change one’s destiny after this life, after death?
- In LDS teachings there are three levels of heaven and one place of condemnation or judgment. How does this contrast with Matthew 25:31-46 and John 3:36?
- What does the Bible say about anyone attaining godhood? Read Isaiah 43:10-13; 44:6-8; 45:5-6; 46:8-11.
This is part of the Fresh Start series.
See the expanded versions of the lessons in this series at whc.faith/watch/fresh-start