Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Prayer is a spiritual discipline that every believer should have in their life. But how do you do it? Let's get practical for those who want to learn to pray.
- What Is Prayer?
- Why Should I Pray?
- When Should I pray?
- Where Do I Pray?
- Whom Do I Pray With?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- On a scale of 1-10, rate your prayer life. Explain.
- What usually comes to mind when you think of prayer? Did anything catch your attention in this video?
- Describe a time in a relationship when communication stopped. What happened to the relationship? Have you ever experienced that with God in prayer?
- Why is God worthy of our attention? Make a list.
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:17. Which is easier for you: praying throughout the day or praying intentionally at a specific time? Explain.
- Do you think a “prayer closet” would be helpful for prayer? Where could that be in your life?
- Read Matthew 18:20. Do you ever pray with others in your life? Describe it.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Spiritual Growth After Mormonism series.