Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
The authority for Christians and churches to act for God doesn’t come from some priesthood hierarchy, but from the Bible.
- Definition and Function of Mormon Priesthood
- Leadership in Christian Churches vs LDS Priesthood Hierarchy
- Where Does Authority Come from in non-LDS Churches?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What was your attitude about the priesthood when you were LDS?
- Based on your observations, how does leadership function differently in Mormonism compared to traditional churches?
- Read Matthew 20:25-28. What does Jesus insist on from leaders? What does servant-leadership look like?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how well did LDS priesthood authority mirror servant leadership, in your experience? Explain.
- What is the Bible’s role in regulating all church authority? How does that work in practice?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.