Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
As people consider leaving Mormonism, they are often held back from moving forward by common misconceptions.
- The Bible Can Be Trusted
- God Is Real Apart from Mormonism
- There Are Many Quality Church Options After Mormonism
- There Is Life After Mormonism for Families
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are some misconceptions you have discovered in your thinking as you transition out of Mormonism?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much is your attitude toward the Bible shaped by LDS assumptions versus your own investigation? Explain.
- What difference does it make if the Bible is fully trustworthy?
- On a scale of 1-10, how much is your concept of God shaped by LDS assumptions versus your own investigation? Explain.
- Are you willing to consider that the real God might be greater than the god of Mormonism? Why or why not?
- What are your basic assumptions about other, non-LDS churches? What factors have shaped those assumptions?
- What do you want for your family from a church. Why?
- How might you go about discovering what other churches offer to support families?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.