Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Instead of being given a calling, it is your privilege to find a place to serve in your new church that fits your abilities and priorities.
- Serving Is Important
- How to Know Where to Serve
- Service Is a Grateful Response of Worship to God
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- If you were LDS, what was your favorite calling? Your least favorite? Why?
- Have you begun to serve in the church you now attend? How did you decide where to get involved?
- Read 1 Peter 4:10-11. What two classes of service are mentioned? What are some possible ways to express each kind of serving in a church?
- Read Romans 12:4-9. Why is each person’s service important? Are there any gifts listed here that sound like you?
- Read Ephesians 4:11-13. What is the role of pastors and other church staff members? What is the impact of each person’s service on the whole church?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Church Life After Mormonism series.