Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
A healthy life after Mormonism involves redefining our sense of self from the identity shaped by past culture to find an identity defined by a relationship with Jesus.
- How LDS identity is shaped.
- A lasting identity goes beyond life circumstances.
- A Christian identity is rooted in Jesus.
See Also: Identity
Talk About It
- What factors or events gave you your sense of identity as a Latter-day Saint?
- One a scale of 1 to 10, how significant for you is the question, “Who am I now after Mormonism?” Explain.
- What are some circumstantial factors that explain who you are?
- Why are circumstantial factors inadequate as a foundation for your core identity?
- Read 2 Corinthians 5:17. In what ways are you a new person in Christ?
- How does this verse define a new sense of identity for us after Mormonism?
- Do you agree or disagree: “Being a Christ-follower is not a label or title; it’s who you are”? Explain.
This is part of the 7 Steps through the Swamp: Mapping the Journey to a Vibrant New Faith series, and also part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.