Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
There is one purpose that Jesus has given to every Christ-follower, which is to make disciples of him.
- Every Christian’s overarching purpose.
- Going “full circle” as a Christian.
- It’s not about you.
See Also: Purpose
Talk About It
- When you were LDS, what would you have said your purpose in life was?
- Did you go through a period after Mormonism when you felt at a loss for purpose? Explain.
- Read Matthew 28:18-20. How does this command explain what a disciple of Jesus is?
- How do you feel about embracing this mission in your own life?
- In your own words, explain the three phases of growing as a disciples of Jesus.
- What does it mean to go “full circle” as a follower of Jesus?
- When is someone who is new in following Jesus ready to start to mentoring someone else? Explain.
- Do you agree or disagree, and why: Your purpose on earth is not to prove yourself worthy, but to prove God worthy.
This is part of the 7 Steps through the Swamp: Mapping the Journey to a Vibrant New Faith series, and also part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.