Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
As you leave Mormonism, a time comes when you need to tell others. That can be a challenging moment, but it may not be as hard as you think.
- Start with Someone Easy to Talk to
- Don’t Be Antagonistic
- Trust Jesus with the Outcome
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, how did you respond when you heard of people leaving the LDS church?
- What are some traits that make a person more “safe” to share your decision about leaving Mormonism with?
- Make a list of the some of the safer LDS people in your life. Which one would be the easiest to start with, and why?
- On a scale of 1-10, how antagonistic do you feel toward Mormonism right now? Explain.
- How can you prevent antagonism from spilling over into your conversations with LDS friends and family?
- Read Colossians 4:5-6. How can you maintain a gracious attitude toward Mormons when you disagree strongly?
- What might you do if everyone reacts to your news with hostility?
- Do you agree or disagree: “It’s worth preserving relationships wherever possible.” Explain.
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.