Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Whatever suffering Jesus endured in the Garden of Gethsemane, it did not atone for our sin. That happened entirely on the cross.
- From the Beginning, the Penalty of Sin is Death
- In Old Testament Sacrifices, Death Was Required to Atone for Sin
- Only Jesus Death Could Pay for Sin Once and for All
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- Read Genesis 2:16-17. What is the link between sin and death?
- Read Romans 6:23. What is the link between sin and death?
- Explain how the Old Testament sacrificial system solidified the link between sin and death.
- Read Romans 5:6-8. What does the death of Jesus demonstrate?
- Read Colossians 2:14-15. What did Jesus’ death on the cross accomplish?
- Based on this conversation, why do you think Christians make such a big deal out of the cross?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.