Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Michael Wilder explains the biblical basis for salvation by grace alone - at the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference.
- LDS people rarely understand the biblical concept of grace.
- The Bible states the doctrine of grace very clearly.
- Many Latter-day Saints have a spiritual veil over their eyes when it comes to grace.
See Also: Grace
Talk About It
- When you were LDS, how did you understand 2 Nephi 25:23?
- What did “grace” mean to you as a Latter-day Saint?
- Read Acts 15:6-11. What is the “yoke” that Peter objects to? What does it mean to be saved “through the grace of our Lord Jesus.”?
- Read Romans 3:23-24. Why is God’s grace necessary in order to be justified?
- Read Ephesians 2:8-9. What conditions are required for a person to be saved?
- Why are salvation by grace and salvation by works incompatible approaches to God?
- Does it bother you that people who lived ungodly lives might turn to Jesus on their death bed and be completely forgiven? Why or why not?
This is part of the 2018 Faith After Mormonism Conference series.