Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Explore what the biblical account reveals about the unique identity of Jesus.
- Jesus Christ was fully human
- Jesus Christ was fully God
- Jesus Christ was God in the flesh
- Jesus Christ is resurrected
See Also: God, Jesus
Talk About It
- It was said that Jesus is fully divine and fully human, 100% God and 100% man. Read John 8:24 and John 8:56-58. Why did the Jews pick up stones to stone Jesus?
- If they misunderstood what Jesus was actually saying about himself, how might he have responded?
- Read Exodus 3:13-15. What did Jesus mean when he said,”I AM”? What did he tell his audience they had to believe, or they would die in their sins?
- Why are the miracles recounted in the Gospels important? What did they demonstrate about Jesus?
- Read Matthew 1:18-21 and John 1:29. What do these verses predict about Jesus’ activity?
- Why was it necessary for Jesus, the Son of God, to become human in order to save us from our sin?
- Read Hebrews 2:14-15 and Hebrews 9:11-14. How do these verses explain the importance of Jesus’ humanity?
This is part of the Fresh Start series.
See the expanded versions of the lessons in this series at whc.faith/watch/fresh-start