Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
This tool explains how to choose a topic of study with your mentoree, and how to introduce the topic to them each time you meet.
- Find a topic.
- Learn about the topic.
- EXplore the topic together.
See Also: Mentoring Basics
Talk About It
- What’s your initial reaction to this topic?
- What are some different sources you could use to find a topic? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- Go to the “Find a Topic” menu at Faithaftermormonism.org. What are some topics that might go well with each of the four goals of mentoring (see “Introduction to the Mentoring Process” above)?
- Why is it important for your mentee to learn about the topic on his or her own before you meet?
- When you explore the topic with them, what percentage of the time should you be talking versus listening? Explain.
- Why is it important to find ways to apply the topic in your lives? What are some factors that make this challenging?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.