Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Understand the crucial difference between a human-centered versus a God-centered approach to religious thinking.
- The core difference.
- Understanding “religion”.
- “Blessing” in the Bible.
- Understanding the Gospel.
See Also: Salvation
Talk About It
- Summarize the difference between “religion” and “gospel.”
- Do you agree or disagree that ultimately, “religion” is about getting God to serve us?
- In what ways does the “religious” mindset play out in Mormonism? Have you seen it play out in other churches?
- What is a holistic, biblical view of “blessing”? How can this concept be helpful for overcoming Mormon thinking? In what ways might it be a stumbling block for former LDS?
- Why is the difference between “religion” and “gospel” so crucial for a relationship with Jesus after Mormonism?
This video features Paul Robie, pastor of South Mountain Community Church in Draper, Utah, and appears courtesy of the Utah Ministry Training curriculum – utahministry.org/moodle