Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Looking to grow in your personal prayer life? Try this 4-step method to bring a simple, biblical structure and focus to your prayer time.
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- What are some helpful things you’ve learned about prayer? Have you ever tried the P-R-A-Y method? Which step seems the hardest to you?
- Make a list of the things you can praise God for.
- Read Isaiah 6:1-5. Describe Isaiah’s response to God. Why do you think he responded like this?
- What is the benefit of repentance in your prayer life? How will confessing things to God affect your relationships in life?
- Read Philippians 4:6-7. What are the commands in this verse? What are the promised benefits? Discuss.
- What does it mean to “yield” to God in prayer? Try to list some practical steps for developing this habit in your prayer life.
- Read Luke 18:9-11. Talk about the irony of the Pharisee’s prayer. What is the true heart of prayer?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Spiritual Growth After Mormonism series.