Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
We’re not under the strict prohibitions of the Word of Wisdom anymore, so how do we make good lifestyle decisions as followers of Christ?
- Make Decisions Based on Principles, Not Rules
- Principle One: Is it legal?
- Principle Two: Is it helpful?
- Principle Three: Will It Control Me?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- On your journey out of Mormonism, have you been interested in trying substances prohibited by the Word of Wisdom? Explain.
- How have you made decisions about those issues so far?
- Why is it important to learn to make decisions by principles rather than just by rules?
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:23. What are some foods or substances that are not prohibited in the Bible, but may also not be helpful?
- Read 1 Corinthians 6:12. What are some foods or substances that are not prohibited in the Bible, but may gain control over people?
- Read Ephesians 5:18. Under what circumstances is alcohol permitted or prohibited?
- How can a food or substance become a substitute for God in our lives?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.