Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
We can be assured that our sins are forgiven - past, present, and future - once we place our trust in Jesus, because he paid for those sins on the cross.
- How Forgiveness Works in Mormonism
- How Forgiveness Works in the Bible
- The Ultimate Basis of Forgiveness Is the Work of Christ
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- How did you understand the process of repentance in Mormonism?
- Did you feel forgiven of your sins as a Latter-day Saint? Why or why not?
- Are there times when we must ask forgiveness of another human being? Explain.
- Read 1 John 1:9. What do you think “confess” means? How do you know if your confession is genuine?
- In what situations would it be helpful to confess a sin to another person? How so?
- On what basis can God forgive our sins without undermining his justice?
- Read John 19:28-30. What did Jesus mean when he said, “It is finished?”
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.