Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
To many Mormons, God seems like a harsh judge. But in the Bible he reveals his unconditional love, even for sinners.
- God As a Harsh Judge
- God’s Unconditional Love
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- When you were LDS, what was your view of God’s love?
- What does it do to a person’s relationship with God when they think his love has to be earned?
- Read Romans 5:8. How do you know God’s love is unconditional?
- Read John 3:16-17. What does this say about how God feels about his people?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.
This is part of the Understanding God After Mormonism series.