Watch the video above and talk about it with a friend or mentor.
Many key Bible passages take on a new meaning as one transitions from Mormonism - including Ephesians 2:8-10.
- What Is Grace?
- What Is Faith?
- What Is the Role of Good Works?
See Also: Tags
Talk About It
- Watch the video together or invite someone to summarize the topic.
- What is your initial reaction to this video? Do you disagree with any of it? What jumped out at you?
- How did you understand grace as a Latter-day Saint? How has your concept of grace changed?
- How did you think about faith as a Latter-day Saint? How has your concept of faith changed?
- Have you ever received a gift that you had to earn? What happened?
- How does the idea of giving and receiving gifts help you understand how salvation by grace works?
- Discuss the relative strengths and weaknesses of using words “believe”, “trust”, and “rely” to describe the biblical idea of faith. What other words would you use?
- How is a life of good works compatible with salvation by grace alone through faith alone?
- Write a personal action step based on this conversation.